How it works
- Online application
- Interview & IT test
- Testing weeks (2-3 weeks)
- Final decision
- Web Development Basics
- Social & Business Skills
- Industry Focus (Web Development, Testing, Network, etc.)
6 – 12 Months
- Internship in IT company or IT department
- Accompanied by a volunteer Job Coach
- Junior Position
- Part-time job & studies at university
- Long time solution
All about The Powercoders Bootcamp
- You want to start a career in IT in Switzerland
- You are living in Switzerland and have the right to work in Switzerland
- You are facing barriers entering the IT job market (and can’t access similar programs)
- You are 18-55 years old
Our program is for candidates of diverse backgrounds who are facing barriers entering the IT job market. The majority of our seats are reserved for people with refugee status.
We encourage women to apply for our program. The program is fully funded and free of charge for the selected participants.
- Weekly social & business skills curriculum during the IT bootcamp
- Chance to get various interviews for a 6-12 month internship
- Volunteer job coach accompanying you during your internship
- Additional support for laptop, food, and transportation where needed
- You have started to learn coding/web development skills on your own (see Self Learning)
- You understand, speak and write English well
- You are a fast learner
- You are able to work well in a team
- You are self-reflected and open-minded
- You are ready to give 100%
It’s an advantage (but not required) if additionally:
- You speak the local language (German / French)
- You have work experience
- You have solid IT skills in one field
100 hours: Participants are asked to commit to paying forward (volunteering) 100 hours of their time for people and organizations who benefit from their support.
We strongly encourage you to keep practicing your coding and language skills. We recommend various (free) resources on our Self Learning page. As a preparation for the Bootcamp, we suggest focusing on the following topics:
- Language skills in English, as our program will be conducted entirely in English
As part of your application, we expect a well-written and presentable CV. We recommend having a look at CV instructions & example (by University of St. Gallen).
The Powercoders Bootcamp is fully funded and free of charge for the selected participants. We cover the costs of the program through support from social assistance (cantons / municipalities) and donations (about half each). More information for your Social Assistance.
Do you have open questions? Have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.